Facebook Comments

Copper Contributor

I have connected excel to facebook and im trying to figure out what my formulas are changing on there own. I have a small video showing what is going on. Long story short my wife wants me to keep track of some voting of a dress she wants so im using excel to collect the comments and keep track of the votes. So the video shows the formulas changing after I refresh. Any way of stopping them from changing.

1 Reply

Hello,

you are pre-filling worksheet formulas into rows that are below the query result. When the query updates, your formulas and the query get out of whack. Go to the first row of the query and check the formula in that row. That will give you an idea of what's going on.

It is not clear whether the query shows the newest results at the top. That is a possible cause for the formulas changing, because if data is inserted at the top of the query table, then the existing rows will move down and formulas referring to existing rows will adjust to the new row position,

If you are using Excel 2016, take a look at creating these formulas with the Get&Transform query editor instead of the worksheet. That way you can shape the query results and do calculations before the data is loaded into the worksheet.

Alternatively, change the query so it adds new data at the bottom of the query, so that the existing rows don't change their position when the query is updated.

Let me know if that helps.