mailing Labels merge from spread sheet

Copper Contributor

I have a spreadsheet with 300 items.  I want to create mailing labels from this spreadsheet.  How do I do this?

1 Reply

@Mondine700 This is the process that you need to follow:

1. With a blank document as the active document, select Labels from the Start Mail Merge dropdown in the Start Mail Merge section of the Mailings tab of the ribbon
    Doug_Robbins_Word_MVP_5-1680120291734.png

2. In the Label Options dialog that will appear, select the Label vendor and the Product of the labels that you want to create
    Doug_Robbins_Word_MVP_4-1680120263402.png

3. Then select use an Existing list from the Select Recipients dialog and browse to and select your data source 
    Doug_Robbins_Word_MVP_3-1680120236857.png

4. The Insert Merge Field dropdown will then be enabled and with the selection in the first label of the sheet (where it will be if you did not click anywhere else) select and insert the necessary merge fields in the desired configuration.
    Doug_Robbins_Word_MVP_2-1680120208946.png

5. Then use the Update Labels facility to replicate that setup to the other labels on the sheet
    Doug_Robbins_Word_MVP_1-1680120180318.png

6. It is a good idea at this point to save the document so that you can use it again if necessary.
  7. To create the labels, thern access the Finish & Merge dropdown in the Finish section of the Mailings tab and select either Print Documents, or Edit Individual Documents, which will create a new document that contains all of the labels from the data source, with each page of that document being in a separate Section.  To print individual pages, you need to specify the Section number using s1, s2 to identify the pages to be printed
    Doug_Robbins_Word_MVP_0-1680120132410.png