Bad Request - HTTP Error 400. The size of the request headers is too long. Error inserting Photos

Copper Contributor

I'm unable to insert or change photos to online photos in 

Microsoft® Word 2016 MSO (Version 2403 Build 16.0.17425.20058) 64-bit

Steps to reproduce: 

1. Open blank document.

2. Choose Insert from menu

3. Choose Pictures

4.  Choose Online Pictures.

This is where I get the error:

Bad Request - Request Too Long

HTTP Error 400. The size of the request headers is too long.

23 Replies

Well I figured it out myself. No replies here but I'll post what I found. I went to C:\Users\4corb\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Network on my Windows 11  machine and created a Archive folder and moved the Cookies file into that folder. (To protect myself in case it caused an issue) I opened word and voila no more error. 

Também tenho esse erro ao inserir um plano de fundo no Excel (guia Layout de Página >> Configuração de Página >> Plano de Fundo). O comando não resolveu o problema, nem limpou a pasta temporária.

Também estou com este erro no inserir plano de fundo no Excel (Guia Layout de Páginas >> Configuração de Páginas >> Plano de Fundo). O comando não resolveu e nem limpando a pasta temp.

Última versão do Office 365

@avenya_sindhu2320 This error has been brought to the attention of the Microsoft Product Team and we are awaiting feedback from the Word Product Crew.

I also have this error in Outlook, when I try to select Picture for the email background.

@acorbally 

For those who still has a problem after clearing out cookies and cache in your browser, open up a CMD and run the following command to flush the DNS. You will now be able to contact the new Microsoft URL:

ipconfig /flushdns

@natalipcampos Olá. Faz um mês que estotu esse problema, não consigo inserir imagens em nenhum arquivo do word, excel, paower point, enfim no pacote office. Preciso trabalhar e não consigo. Estou tendo prejuizos. Mesmo antes de abrir a img aparece a msg acima: 

Bad Request - Request Too Long e no corpo: HTTP Error 400. The size of the request headers is too long.

Você tem o problema em um arquivo "fora" de uma pasta (tipo na área de trabalho) ou só em arquivos dentro de pastas e subpastas? 

@natalipcampos Olá, problema para inserir figura em novo doc word ou qualquer outro aplicativo office. Preciso colocar figura dentro de um círculo e não consigo. Aparece essa msg de erro sempre.

Fiz o comando e não resolveu o problema, infelizmente. É só plano de fundo que não funciona, as demais imagens ok.
Can't find that, even when I allow for your 4cort user name. I'm puzzled how Chrome settings would affect this anyway since I am in Word?
I'm getting the error when trying to insert a bookmark.

If you're looking to use your own image as a watermark, a workaround is to put your laptop into airplane mode and then select Work Offline to load in your own image from local files. 

Oi Pessoal, estava com mesmo problema no excell.

achei este video tratando algo semelhante no WORD e consegui resolver meu excell tbm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RMD2c1oc_0

Hi Guys, I was having the same problem in Excel.

I found this video dealing with something similar in WORD and I managed to solve it in Excel too

hugs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RMD2c1oc_0

abs@acorbally 

Fix Error Bad Request - Request Too Long HTTP Error 400. The size of the request headers is too long When Trying To Add Custom Watermark To Microsoft Word/Publisher

@acorbally This solved my issue on my W11 machine.  However, I cannot through a myriad of diverse searches find a similar path on my W10 machine.  Do you, or anyone else, have a similar path but applicable to W10?  Thank you all in advance.

This helped solve my issue on my W11 machine. However, I cannot through a myriad of diverse searches find a similar path on my W10 machine. Do you, or anyone else, have a similar path but applicable to W10? Thank you all in advance.
Olá. Não deu certo. Mas consegui de outra forma. Infelizmente enho que desligar a internet, ficar off, assim consigo inserir figuras nas formas. (Formatar forma/inserir imagem..)
Olá. Consegui de outra forma. Infelizmente tenho que desligar a internet, ficar off, assim consigo inserir figuras nas formas. (Formatar forma/inserir imagem..)