Server Manager problem: Online - Data retrieval failures occurred

Copper Contributor

Hello,
I'm using Windows Server 2022 and I have this problem: data retrieval on Server Manager.
Is there a fix for this issue?

Obs:
- this is a test lab
- all servers are domain members
- I'm connecting on all servers with the domain Administrator account.
- tested with both Firewall on and off
- do NOT recommend this workaround: delete/rename the registry keys HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WINEVT\Channels\xxx

Thank you.

69 Replies

have you found a solution yet? I just setup a new cluster and have the same exact issue. @AronVDavies 

Did you find a solution? I have the same issue

afaik there is no solution yet. @Elden Christensen may I ask for looking into this? It is so easily reproducible. It happens as soon WS 2022 or vNext are clustered Server objects. Do you need an existing SR to work on this?

Has anyone here opened a support request?

Please share me your SR number via DM. TYVM.

@brianthomasdrake 

Not a solution no. But I applied the registry fix and some of the other stuff mentioned in this thread and it's not complaining any more because it's ignoring it.

@SekoBayo, thank you.

The problem appeared after setting up CAU, and this seems to be the solution for me.

I would only recommend trying this, or even just part two of it, if you see the following error message in the log:

Generic failure querying the localized name for channel: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-IoTrace/Diagnostic [hResult = Function failed during execution., hLastResult = The instance name passed was not recognized as valid by a WMI data provider.].

Log location: %SystemRoot%\System32\Winevt\Logs\Microsoft-Windows-ServerManager-MgmtProvider%4Operational.evtx

In my case the registry value reverted itself after restarting the nodes. Weird, but okay.

Hi All,

I have found out that this message appeared in my case when my user authorizations was changed from Administrator to Standard user and then reverting back to Administrator (with Settings->Add,Edit User). The solution was to remove the Standard user group in Control Panel-User Accounts- Give Users access to this computer - Users for my user.

Thanks.

BR M

Awesome could you add screenshots, please?

@Karl_Wester-Ebbinghaus 

what type of screenshots do you want?

I have this problem not on a cluster but simply on an RDS 

Have you find a way to fix it please ?

Nope :( there's no fix in sight.