Configuration of windows server

Copper Contributor

Hello:

I have posted about this before and thought that I had fixed the problem, however, I have discovered that the problem is not fixed. Here is my question:

I am having a problem with windows server 2022. I have setup my domain as stoneandstone1.com.

When I log on to windows and go to the network icon, I see both Internet Network Access and unidentified network without internet access. When I go and change the adapter settings, I see that it is set to the static IP , subnet, gateway and DNS servers, the computer will display the stoneandstone1.com as the name of the network when I go to the network icon, I see that I am connected to stoneandstone1.com, see attached. If I enable ethernet #2, the network shows up as stoneandstone1.com, see attached.

However, if I reboot the machine again, it goes back to Internet Network Access and Unidentified Network without internet access and this is occurring on ethernet 3, Remote NDIS based Internet Sharing Device, see attached MP4., This also shows stoneandstone1.com as the network. 

I need to know what I have to do to get the computer to consistently display stoneandstone1.com as the network name and not Network Access, and unidentified network without internet access, thanks for any and all responses.

6 Replies

Hi again:

I have discovered that I can't attach a mp4 file, anyone who responds, I will send it to you by email, thanks, Allen

Multi-homing a domain controller will always cause no end to grief for active directory DNS.   

HI:

How do I take it out of multi-homing, this is the way it was configure automatically, I didn't purposely do this, Allen

A domain controller should only have a single enabled network adapter. Also the domain controller should have it's own static ip address plus the loopback (127.0.0.1) listed for DNS and no others such as router or public DNS    

Hi:

Would removing and reinstalling domain controller/AD services solve my problem?

Would removing and reinstalling domain controller/AD services solve my problem?

Well that doesn't really relate to the problem not to mention seems a bit extreme.