Opting out of Insider program

Copper Contributor

Hi there everyone, I am having some trouble getting out of the Insider Program and trying to go back to the standard public release builds.

A couple weeks ago I opted in to the Insider Program to test out some of the features available, but then I started to get some instability with the system on the Insider build and so I wish to get out of it. More specifically the issue I am having is most of the time when I run a gpu intensive taks (i.e. some particles in Unity, VR games or overall intense graphics games) I get a green screen of death saying the Windows Insider build had an issue with the graphics(don't quite remember the message word by word).

I manage to opt out of it on the website just fine and after some trouble on the machine as well. It's not a great moment to do clean reinstall(deleting programs and files or at least just programs) so after some try and error I saw that I could do a reinstall with a bootable drive, anda s long as the Windows Installer was setup with the same language of the my current system I was able to do a Windows reinstall without losing any files or programs. And that is exactly what I did yesterday.

After the reinstall I am getting the same Windows Insider green screen of death even though I'm supposed to be using a standard Windows build now, so I don't know how or why but it still at least considers that I am using the Insider build, so I don't know where to go from here

Would an actual clean install(deleting the installed programs or both files and programs) be any different?

2 Replies

Hello @Chilman.

A clean installation should be the best solution, in my opinion.

Bye.

@Chilman  Hi,

Using ISOs - Windows Insider Program | Microsoft Learn

Unfortunately, in order to have the public version of Windows11 again,

if you are in the Dev. or Canary channel -> then all need to be removed and you need to install the stable version of Windows11.

Best regards