can't upgrade to windows 11 insider preview 10.0.26058.1100 (ge_release) error code 0xdx0000034

Copper Contributor
116 Replies
day 12 of trying to get it to install i have a intel I9 10900F 64gb of ram custom rig
I am facing the same problem too.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core Processor

It freezes in the middle, when it's about to start, on the MB screen, and only a forced reset works.

Then it restarts a couple more times, tries to recover, and then performs a rollback.

I thought it was just me, haha.

@joaofmendonca 

I so glad to see its the update and not my computer :)

I have been having the same issues for over two 3weeks! Has anyone come up with a solution?

Just had the same issue with Canary 26063.1, and had it since 26052. Shall be interesting to see what root cause they find, 'cause I'm not finding anything in any of the setup logs. 

Yea, same problem here. Black screen during the update, reboot. 10400f

I have the same issue with the system freezing at about the 50% mark on the BM boot screen.
I have:
AMZ Ryzen 9 5900X 12 core processor
Gigabyt X570S AORUS Master MB
64GB RAM
AMD Radion RX 6700 XT graphics card
I have tried to install the update twice with the same result.
I will delay any additional updates until an official (not a developer) release is available.

So they have released a new version Announcing Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 26063 (Canary Channel) | Windows Insider Blog

• [UPDATED] We’ve made a change to help reduce the number of rollbacks (with error code 0xC1900101) when installing the latest builds and are continuing to investigate reports.

The question is: Is there a way to skip this 26058? Because I have tried deleting current windows update data, but update clicking Update, the same evil 26058 appears, instead of the new 26063.

@Duveral I selected "pause updates for 1 week", then changed to Canary and pressed "resume updates", and got 26063 immediately.

I'm however having the exact same issue with this build, so paused updates again until there's a new build or a workaround available.

Settings -> Windows Update -> Insider -> Select your channel.

@santoshheisnam 

From the explanations on the Microsoft Blog, it appears that it is possible to install the ISO of this Insider build, but only as a clean install, it will surely remove everything :

Using ISOs - Windows Insider Program | Microsoft Learn 

It seems that this ISO is useless!

"Using the ISOs for Build 26058 to upgrade instead of doing a clean install may not work if you choose “Keep nothing” in the Windows Setup experience. To upgrade to the latest build in the Canary and Dev Channels, please use Windows Update."

Announcing Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 26063 (Canary Channel) | Windows Insider Blog

I tried install both versions 26058 and 26063.1 and both failed.

I have 5800X3d. I updated all drivers before I tried update 26063.
With version 26058 I took all usb cables off from computer but still that failed.

@eezau 

Hi all, did you check the update from 22-02?

Announcing Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 26058 (Canary and Dev Channels) | Windows Insider Blog

I would like to know how I can clean all update cache and reset Windows update to see if it happens also with this new version

Same thing with the Canary new update - black screen during update.

@A1 

I tried doing the upgrade from the ISO and the same thing happened, it rolled back

@ColinK64  

Yes, but you haven't tried to do a clean install using the same ISO?

So far, no one has confirmed that it works?

Of course, settings, personal files, and apps will also be deleted.

it was trying to do a clean install while keeping setting etc.

@ColinK64  

Unfortunately - a clean install means deleting everything, leaving settings, files, etc. it's an in-place update :)