Tech Community Live: Windows edition
Jun 05 2024, 07:30 AM - 11:30 AM (PDT)
Microsoft Tech Community

can't upgrade to windows 11 insider preview 10.0.26058.1100 (ge_release) error code 0xdx0000034

Copper Contributor
116 Replies

I am using a Lenovo Vantage computer. Intel i7 32gb rem

My Windows 11 Insider Preview 10.0.26058.1100 (ge_release) keeps rolling back.

@MartinHickling1955  Same here.  I have now tried twice and it keeps rolling back

I am using HP all-in-one 27 AMD Ryzen 5, 16GB with windows 11 pro vs 10.0.06052

Adding my reply. I am on a Custom Gaming rig with an AMD 5600X with 32GB Ram. The first time it happened the PC said there was an important update so I restarted my PC to apply the update. I left it alone to do the update and when I came back it was stuck on the MB splash screen. I left it for a bit (around an hour all up) and ended up pressing the reset button to reboot the PC. It showed it was trying to recover the installation then it restarted and got stuck again. The progress circle freezes. I reset the PC again and it showed it was trying to recover the installation again then showed that it was undoing the changes made to the PC then restarted normally after about 5 minutes. I continued to use the PC and was getting promted to apply the update. I kept clicking on remind me later until today it said it was going to apply the update itself and I had no option to remind me later. I ended up trying to apply the update and the exact same thing happened. At around 50% the PC restarted (it had restarted a few times before this point) and got stuck at the splash screen with the progress circle frozen. I went through the other steps mentioned and it undone the changes and rebooted. The PC is still saying there is an important update.
Same problem. When I tried to update my PC I left it uptating, but when I came back this still on but the screen black. I turned off with the button of the PC, then started again but it got stuck turning on, again turn it off and then I can use the PC. I dont know what to do because it told me that it has (again) an important update.

Same Problem here - also on a AMD processor (Ryzen 5 Pro)
System keeps crashing during the update and rolls back after!

@santoshheisnam same issue, something is up with this update, also have Ryzen (5800x3d) is this Ryzen issue only?

i also tried disconnecting anything connected on the pc, anything extra including internal side SSD still it gets stuck.

Error code: 0xc1900101

Same here. Wont install, keeps rolling back. Freezes on MB boot logo after a few restarts. Tried several times.
same to me with Asus Flip-UX560UQ, i71, 16gb
this version from Insider Preview keeps rolling back
Exact same problem I have on a AMD Ryzen 9 , tried several times now to upgrade but it fails everytime at the mb logo
Similar to my custom PC. It gets stuck in Asus logo. I could not get to the Bios. Sometimes it runs directly to green screen. (at first type >) I need to wipe out memory by pushing start button while powered off grid and than it rerolls back.
Asus Rog-strix B350-i gaming wifi, Ryzen 3 1200 quad core (12nm) overclocked to 3,2, RX 570 4GB ITX, 16GB Patriot running 3600. Windows version 23620.1000

Same here. Dell Latitude 5400 series.

Anyone had any luck yet?

Same issue here - custom rig with MSI X570-A Pro MB, Ryzen 9 3900X , 4x16GB Kingston HyperX Fury DDR4 3733, Geforce RTX3700 video. Tried a couple of times, same results, after many restarts and hangs it rolls back.

Seem all we can do is complain here.

There is no one from Microsoft offering a resolution and we still have to upgrade and roll back every 3 or 4 days.

I'm a Ryzen cpu user and it still doesn't work out like you. If you know what the problem is, please let me know. Is there any solution
Same here, also a Rayzon processor. Glad I find this post to confirm it's not only my PC.
I have the same issue:
Microsoft Windows 11 Home Insider Preview 10.0.23620 Build 23620
AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
PRIME B650M-A WIFI II
AMD Radeon RX 6950 XT
Same problem here, maybe we can wait for next update? or idk