SOLVED

Upgrade License for a Cloud PC

Copper Contributor

I have a Cloud PC originally provisioned with the "Windows 365 Enterprise 1 vCPU, 2 GB, 64 GB" license.

This Cloud PC has been used and has configuration modifications to it and data associated with it.

We have now purchased new licenses such as "Windows 365 Enterprise 2 vCPU, 8 GB, 128 GB" and I would like to "upgrade" that Cloud PC to have the higher specs offered by the new license without losing any of the custom configuration of the existing Cloud PC.

However it seems you cannot do this as if you had the new license to that user you get an offer to log into this 2nd Cloud PC with the old one still being there and if you remove the old license the original Cloud PC is put into "Grace" mode and will be removed after a week.

I could attempt to "Resize" the old PC but am wary that if that does work I am now using a Cloud PC configuration I am not licensed for.

What is the Cloud PC equivalent of opening up a PC case and adding more memory and disk, not to mention the processor?

The key point is not losing that personalized configuration the user has set for themself (background, custom mouse pointer etc) nor the data they have store in their Documents folder and so on

2 Replies
best response confirmed by stuart-hunter (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@stuart-hunter 

Hi,

Just found this solution. Was looking for the exact same.

Resize a Cloud PC | Microsoft Learn

Jurjen_M_0-1696919681560.png

Thanks, have looked at Resize but wasn't sure if the Cloud PC could then automatically pick up a license of the right type.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by stuart-hunter (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@stuart-hunter 

Hi,

Just found this solution. Was looking for the exact same.

Resize a Cloud PC | Microsoft Learn

Jurjen_M_0-1696919681560.png

View solution in original post