What's the best way to recover deleted photos Android internal storage on computer?

Copper Contributor

I am seeking assistance regarding recovering deleted photos from Android's internal storage. I accidentally deleted some precious photos from my Android and I am not sure how to recover them. The worst part was turning on my computer and not finding any backups.

I have explored various options but haven't been successful in restoring the deleted photos. What is the best way to recover deleted photos Android internal storage on computer?

Thank you.

4 Replies

Check if you have backed up your photos to Google Drive. This is the best way to recover deleted photos from Android device. You have to use Android data recovery software to help you out if no backup is available.

One good example is FoneLab for Android, one of the most powerful Android data recovery software. It can help you recover deleted photos, contacts, messages, and a few other file types from Android phone.

Here is a step-by-step guide you can check out: 

https://www.sysgeeker.com/blog/fonelab-android-data-recovery-tutorial

Note: The photo name starts with '_' means it was deleted! You can see this program is able to find many deleted photos on Android.

recover-deleted-photos.png

P.S. Let me know if you need further assistance on this matter.

Accidentally deleted those irreplaceable photos. Trust me, felt that panic. But guess what? There's still hope, even without fancy software. Let's go old school and use some built-in features and techniques to recover deleted photos from Android internal storage. Here's what worked for me:

1. Check Your Google Photos App: If you're like me and have Google Photos set up to automatically back up your pictures, you might just be saved by the cloud. Open the Google Photos app on your phone or visit the website on your computer. Check the "Trash" or "Bin" folder there. Sometimes, deleted photos hang out there for a while before they're permanently erased.

2. Look in Your Phone's Trash or Recently Deleted Folder: Some Android phones have a built-in "Trash" or "Recently Deleted" folder in their gallery app. These folders act as a safety net, keeping deleted photos around for a short period before they're gone for good. Check these folders to see if your deleted photos are hiding there.

3. Connect Your Phone to Your Computer and Search Manually: Connect your Android phone to your computer via USB. Navigate to your phone's internal storage using File Explorer (on Windows) or Finder (on Mac). Then, dive deep into the folders, especially those in the "DCIM" directory, where photos are often stored. Sometimes, deleted photos can still be found lurking in these folders, waiting to be rescued.

4. Check for Backups: Did you happen to back up your phone recently? Maybe through a cloud service like Google Drive, Dropbox, or your phone manufacturer's backup service? If so, log in to these services on your computer and check if your deleted photos are hiding in the backups.

5. Try Data Recovery Software as a Last Resort: Alright, I know I said no more third-party software, but if all else fails and you're still desperate to recover those photos, you might have to bite the bullet and use a data recovery program. Just make sure to choose a reputable one and follow the instructions carefully.

So there you have it, a few tried-and-tested methods to recover deleted photos from Android internal storage . Good luck, and may the photo recovery odds be ever in your favor!
Your question is out of the scope of this forum and it is better to check on:
https://support.google.com/android/
That's a tough situation to be in when you want your photos back but have no backup made early and to be honest, if there is no external backup like storing it into a pen drive or HDD, manual recovery will be a challenge for you. Safe to say "Impossible". There is still hope though, but the condition is, after the data deletion you shouldn't have used your phone much because in such a situation where you are currently in, genuine Android Data Recovery Software will only help you out. Why did I say to stop using your phone? Well, after the data deletion, there is a high chance of data overwriting when you keep using your phone and then it will create a challenge for the software to scan your internal storage of your Android completely and the last hope in the name of the "software" will also not work.
Opt for the software that professionals trust, is reliable, and gives a money-back guarantee if things don't work out. Hope it helps.