SOLVED

How do I take ownership of the registry key that is shown in the description below?

Copper Contributor

How do I take ownership of the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft/Windows NT/CurrentVersion/Perflib?

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.

8 Replies
best response confirmed by AndrewWissler (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@AndrewWissler 

Hello! You've posted your question in the Tech Community Discussion space, which is intended for discussion around the Tech Community website itself, not product questions.

Is your question related to Windows 10, Windows 11 or other?

Happy to move this post to the appropriate space as per below, once you specify, or feel free to repost there.

Windows 10 space

Windows 11 space 

I'm going to go ahead and assume this is for Windows 11 and I'm going to move it there. If I am mistaken, please let me know.
Your question is not clear.
Would you mind elaborate your issue in details?
Do you have problem accessing this registry key?
Hi Eric,

I apologize for not getting back to you sooner. Yes, this is for Windows 11. I'll post it in the forum. Thank you very much.
Hi Reza,

Yes, I do. If this is more appropriate for the Windows 11 forum, I will post it there. Thank you very much.

@AndrewWissler  

Information - your post has already been moved to the right place :) 

How do I take ownership of the registry key - Microsoft Community

Your question is already in the Windows forum (moved by moderator).
Please clarify your issue so we could guide you on the solution.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by AndrewWissler (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@AndrewWissler 

Hello! You've posted your question in the Tech Community Discussion space, which is intended for discussion around the Tech Community website itself, not product questions.

Is your question related to Windows 10, Windows 11 or other?

Happy to move this post to the appropriate space as per below, once you specify, or feel free to repost there.

Windows 10 space

Windows 11 space 

View solution in original post