Tech Community Live: Windows edition
Jun 05 2024, 07:30 AM - 11:30 AM (PDT)
Microsoft Tech Community

Add App to Startup

Copper Contributor

How do you add a app to start up 

My Windows Security icon will not show up anymore in task manager and from what I have read in the fourms is to add SecurityHealthSystray.exe to the startup folder

1 Reply

Hi @claynz,

To add an app to startup in Windows, you can follow these steps:

1. Select the Start button and scroll to find the app you want to run at startup.
2. Right-click the app, select More, and then select Open file location. This opens the location where the shortcut to the app is saved. If there isn’t an option for Open file location, it means the app can’t run at startup.
3. With the file location open, press the Windows logo key + R, type shell:startup, then select OK. This opens the Startup folder.
4. Copy and paste the shortcut to the app from the file location to the Startup folder.

In your case, you want to add SecurityHealthSystray.exe to the startup folder.
You can find this file in the System32 folder, which is usually located at C:\Windows\System32.
Once you find the file, you can create a shortcut and copy it to the Startup folder using the steps above.

Add an app to run automatically at startup in Windows 10 - Microsoft Support

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue.
This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item.

If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Kindest regards,

Leon Pavesic
(LinkedIn)