How to Fix QuickBooks payroll Error PS077 Windows 10 after update

Copper Contributor

I'm experiencing QuickBooks Payroll Error PS077 on Windows 10. How can I troubleshoot and fix this issue?

2 Replies
Hi @Susan,

Thanks for letting us know your concern. Let us help you resolve the issue asap.

Troubleshooting Solutions: QuickBooks payroll Error PS077 Windows 10
QuickBooks Payroll Error PS077 on Windows 10 can disrupt your payroll processing, but there are several steps you can take to resolve it:
1. Update QuickBooks: Ensure QuickBooks is updated to the latest version compatible with Windows 10. Navigate to the "Help" menu within QuickBooks and select "Update QuickBooks" to download and install any available updates.
2. Update Windows: Keep your Windows 10 operating system up to date. Go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update and check for any pending updates. Install them if available.
3. Verify Payroll Subscription: Ensure your payroll subscription is active and current. Log in to your Intuit account to confirm your subscription status. Renew or update it if necessary.
4. Run QuickBooks Payroll Updates: Open QuickBooks and navigate to the "Employees" menu. Choose "Get Payroll Updates" and follow the prompts to download and install the latest payroll updates.
5. Repair QuickBooks Installation: Corrupted QuickBooks files can trigger errors like PS077. Repair the installation by accessing Control Panel > Programs and Features, finding QuickBooks in the list, and selecting "Repair."
6. Check Tax Table Version: Ensure you have the latest tax table updates installed. Within QuickBooks, go to the "Employees" menu, select "Get Payroll Updates," and then click "Update" to fetch the latest tax table.
7. Restart Computer: Sometimes, a simple reboot can resolve software glitches. Restart your Windows 10 computer and then relaunch QuickBooks to see if the error persists.

If you encounter QuickBooks Payroll Error PS077 despite following these troubleshooting steps, or if you require more comprehensive guidance, here's a detailed resource available for your reference. (https://sophiedisick.hashnode.dev/how-to-fix-quickbooks-payroll-error-ps077-windows-10)

@susansealsoutlookco 

Thanks for the solutions! I tried all of them, but unfortunately, none seemed to fix the [ERROR]. Just wanted to let you know in case there might be another solution or workaround. I'll also be contacting support to see if they have any further insights.

Quickbooks Help.png