SOLVED

How to create a meeting where only registrants can join.

Copper Contributor

We are offering a webinar to the public at a cost, and are looking for a way to control who is able to join the meeting. We want to accept registrations, but then only allow registrants to join the meeting. From my testing, limiting who can bypass the lobby to "People I invite" doesn't work, because they weren't technically invited to the meeting - they have registered to attend the webinar, but the meeting invite itself is only accessible by the organizer. 

Is there any workaround to automatically allow registrants to join a meeting, while denying access to anyone else?

Thank you!

7 Replies
how about change "People I invite" to "everyone"
you know only the one who has registered will have the link to join
that sounds like what you want
That won't work, since the URL that is sent to registrants can simply be copy/pasted and shared with any number of people. We're trying to make sure only those who pay for access can join the meeting.
let me know if I'm right
1, you have a list(name, email, company, ect.)
2, you want to have a meeting which only these people could join
3, you want these people register themselves
in summary, you want each people in your list have their unique link which need them register at first, am I right?

it sounds like a classic offline meeting with producer, presenter/host, security&checkin/ID confirm, waiter. which you want this in a online way
which I don't think Teams has this function...maybe expert here could help you, you can @them
You could do a Live Event, setting the permissions to Specific people and Groups, however this does force attendees to login to join.
best response confirmed by jen-em-en (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @jen-em-en,

This is not currently a feature available through our webinars platform, but it in our backlog for later this calendar year. 

Hi Bryan,
Do you have any update on this feature?
We are facing the same issue in our org.
Were you able to find a resolution to this? If yes, please share.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by jen-em-en (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @jen-em-en,

This is not currently a feature available through our webinars platform, but it in our backlog for later this calendar year. 

View solution in original post