Our tabs app is no longer loading with the newest release of MSTeams

Copper Contributor

Our long-published app - Drawboard Projects - is no longer embedding properly with the preview release of the 'new' MS Teams on Windows. While users are still able to add tabs in the old Teams, the new Teams now displays only an empty dialog:

old-vs-new-teams.png

I'm now looking into how the MSTeams integration has been implemented in our web-app being loaded in the tab. I've confirmed that until now we have not been including the Content-Security-Policy headers listed in this doc, however it seems this is not the issue.

We're using a CDN version of the MSTeams JS plugin hosted here: https://statics.teams.microsoft.com/sdk/v0.2/js/MicrosoftTeams.js
This is definitely an outdated version relative to the CDN link listed in this doc, so I'm in the process of trying to update our web-app, but this is taking some time and I have no idea if it will have any impact.

I was hoping someone could tell me what has changed in the way tabs work in the latest version of Teams? The logs are a deluge of unrelated info and don't seem to reveal any underlying cause that I can see. (I can provide these logs if requested, or you can try it for yourself by installing our app and toggling between the new/old Teams.)

Any insights, or advice on what to look for in these logs would be very appreciated!

2 Replies

@dc-drawboard  -  Could you please try to update your web app to new CDN version present in the doc , It would work.

@SaiPratap-MSFTI have updated the CDN reference to the Teams plugin and tested with an internal environment with the same results - tabs load OK in the old Teams, not in the new Teams.

I'm in the process of bringing this plugin update to production to rule out any issues related to our test environment. I will continue to update this ticket with further details.