How to find callChainID...?

Bronze Contributor

Hi,

Case: I have recording platform for Teams policy based recording, but based on Microsoft definitioin (?) there is only a callChainID available on the recordings. The callChainID is available only when the recording is done for the call or meeting: Get callRecord 

If I do have a meeting ID or the join URL to Teams meeting, then question is, is it possible to find the correct callchainID? Reason to find the recording is to enrich the metadata of the recording with business data. The meeting details can be found using the: Get onlineMeeting I just haven't had possibilities to see if the callchainID is already returned when getting online meeting.

5 Replies
@Petri X- Thanks for reporting your issue.
We will check this at our end and will get back to you.
@Petri X- The online meeting API doesn’t have callChainIDs as they are only available when calls initiated when invitees join the meeting, and one meeting could have multiple calls if all invitees join and leave the same meeting multiple times. Using callrecord api is the only way to correlate callChainID and online meeting joinURL.

Hi @Sayali-MSFT 

Any possibilities to share the begin of the path for this journey? If I do have the meeting ID or meeting join URL, them how that could be used to find the callChainID?

If I read these correctly: callRecord resource type  they mostly giving the meeting ID from the recorded call. They seems to be not allowing to search with meeting id.

@Petri X- As mentioned above, the callChainId is indeed available only when the recording is done for the call or meeting. This is obtained from the callRecord object, which is created after a call or meeting ends and is retained for 30 days.

To fetch the callRecord object, you can use the GET /communications/callRecords/{id} endpoint of the Microsoft Graph API. Here is an example of how to do this:

GET https://graph.microsoft.com/beta/communications/callRecords/{id}

However, the callChainId is not directly linked to the onlineMeeting object. The onlineMeeting object does not contain the callChainId property. Therefore, you cannot directly fetch the callChainId using the GET /me/onlineMeetings/{meetingId} endpoint.

To enrich the metadata of the recording with business data, you might need to maintain a mapping between the meetingId and the callChainId in your application. This mapping can be created when you receive the callRecord object after the meeting ends.

Please note that the APIs under the /beta version in Microsoft Graph are subject to change and their use in production applications is not supported.

For more information, you can refer to the following documentation:

Hi @Sayali-MSFT 

I believe I have not explained enough clear why I need to find the recording using the Meeting ID :flushed:

I have the business data with me, with the meeting id. And that is separated from the recording itself. So I believe I would not get this as recordings will be taken by 3rd party product (policy based recording):

"This mapping can be created when you receive the callRecord object after the meeting ends."

I wish that would not change the focus :)

I was wondering if the ID which is received from GET /me/onlineMeetings/{meetingId}/recordings is actually the recording id which could then be used on here:

GET https://graph.microsoft.com/beta/communications/callRecords/{id}

to find the callChainId?

Unfortunately I do not have the recording platform running at the moment yet to be verify these in real world, and that is reason to asking dummy questions surrounding this as a preparation for the future.

About the "beta", yes, I'm aware of that and would not be super happy, but what I can do :cryingwithlaughter: