A quick and urgent question

Copper Contributor

Recently Microsoft Teams pop up a new version available and let me to install. Later it also prompted me I can revert to the old version. 

It made my outlook contact status (beside the email address) disappeared, so I do not like the new version. Though I have reverted but it did not help. 

So I uninstalled the Microsoft Teams on my computer in Control Panel. But the strange thing is after I restarted computer, there is still a Microsoft Teams available, it shows MS Teams avata with a word "New" on it.  And also during the uninstall, restart, tried to install and switch common user to admin user, my computer behaved so strange, restart was spinning and stuck there like forever and I had to try so hard to force the computer shutdown, and my computer has never been so slow for the restarting process. And there was one time after restarted and entered windows interface, pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del did not work, there was no any response. I had to force to restart again.

I went to settings, apps & features, searched teams, I found out this new version teams and its Outlook add-in as shown below. I felt something strange. May I confirm with you expert that the newest version of Microsoft Teams are like the below and will automatically install an Outlook add-in without reminding user anything? 

Hua_Wu_0-1700292812364.png

1 Reply

For Microsoft Teams product issues/failures your tenant Admin can reach out to Microsoft 365 Product Support.

For general questions about Microsoft Teams please post your question on Microsoft Teams Community.