Microsoft-qualified Enterprise Voice offering in Canada

Copper Contributor

Hi, I need help with finding a service provider for Enterprise voice. I run a medium sized business and we have been using Skype for business and Office 365 from the beginning. We also needed voice services. We are currently using a local service provider for this need. Recently I came to know about Microsoft's own Enterprise voice offering. I wasn't able to find more about this service in my research. So can somebody explain how this Enterprise voice works?. How much will it cost me to add this service along with Skype for business and office 365?. Also, can anybody review this service in Canada?. My office is currently located in Toronto, Canada. How can I set up this service at my office?. I found a company claiming to be the only Microsoft-qualified enterprise phone system offering in Canada here. How is their service?. Are they really Microsoft qualified?. Do I have any other options for service providers in Canada?.

5 Replies

Hi

I don't believe Microsoft have Canada as a Cloud PBX with PSTN Calling option right now. But this is how it works in terms of licencing https://three65.blog/2017/06/28/skype-for-business-online-cloudpbx-calling-plans-and-consumption-bil...

However, you can use Cloud Connector Edition to a Canadian ITSP and still use the Microsoft cloud for Skype for Business Online. Have a chat to ThinkTel as they have solutions specifically for the Canadian market with SfB Online and Cloud PBX. They have a good guy there with lots of experience with Skype for Business Enterprise Voice so you will be getting the best service possible in Canada right now.

Just adding that one of our Canadian Skype for Business MVPs actually works for ThinkTel, Michael LaMontagne.  You should be on good hands if you go that route.

Thanks for the reply. I am really happy that someone with great experience is working in Thinktel. This means I don't need to consult anyone else, Right?.

Michael is a good guy, he will be all you need. The question is whether ThinkTel will offer the consultancy you are after, for that answer you need to have a conversation with them. Thanks!

Now that my name is being droped, guess it's time to be more active :) Richard feel free to send me a message.

Regards.