Skype Broadcast Meeting Roadmap?

Copper Contributor

We've trialled SfB Broadcast Meeting, and found it promising but a bit limited at present - screen sharing for us is a major requirement - however I can't find a roadmap or similar with information on when/if that function (or any others) are going to be introduced.

Are there ongoing plans for SfB Broadcast to be developed, or is it a "garage" project that's out there but will now be ignored and left as-is?

5 Replies

Skype Meeting Broadcast is planned to be enhanced. Q&A was added in the last few weeks. And in the coming soon category - expect to see a live translation preview. Check out the Microsoft keynote speaker (Zig Serafin) at EBC to see a very early prototype demo. Items get public on the roadmap when we have a high confidence date (The when) and specifics (the how). Nothing to say about the when yet but I can share some insight on the how. It’s very likely to utilize some or all of VbSS (Video based Screen Sharing). You can get a taste of that in the SfB 2016 Windows client.

HI Paul

@Paul Cannon wrote:

Skype Meeting Broadcast is planned to be enhanced. Q&A was added in the last few weeks. And in the coming soon category - expect to see a live translation preview. Check out the Microsoft keynote speaker (Zig Serafin) at EBC to see a very early prototype demo. Items get public on the roadmap when we have a high confidence date (The when) and specifics (the how). Nothing to say about the when yet but I can share some insight on the how. It’s very likely to utilize some or all of VbSS (Video based Screen Sharing). You can get a taste of that in the SfB 2016 Windows client.

is there any information about when the translation feature available for Skype Meeting Broadcast?

@Paul Cannon wrote:

Currently in preview - you can sign up at www.skypepreview.com

Thanks, I see it in Microsoft Tenant, but when I create the smb meeting in testing tenant, no the translation option. Do I need turn it first in Office 365?

Transcription and translation is in preview in NOAM, EMEA, and APAC.  Tenants in one of those regions can enable it via the command:

Set-CsBroadcastMeetingConfiguration -EnableTechPreviewFeatures $True