Exporting PSTN Usage Details Report

Brass Contributor

I'm trying to export the PSTN Usage Details from the Skype Online admin center. The results show me around several thousand records, but only 10,000 records can be exported to Excel. Previously there was the command Get-CsPSTNUsageDetailReport but that is no longer available. Is there a workaround to export more than 10,000 items to Excel?

Edit: More info, I know I can filter it, but as call volume increases, filtering by 12 hours for several days is not a feasible task.

8 Replies

I'll toss in a reply to my own comment here. I found where the report can be access through the REST API:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn781442.aspx

In this list of tables to pull, there is a CsPSTNUsageDetailDaily, however, it only pulls data from earlier this year and nothing recent. Is this table still updated? Any other Cs* table I connect it has recent data.

10,000 limits fixed now..

Hi Naveen, thank you for the news. I tried to export about 20,000 records and it still was limited to 10,000 in Excel. Is this change currently being rolled out across the tenants?

I tried again yesterday and was still limited to 10,000 records. Is this something that is still being rolled out to all tenants?

Hi @Deleted, I'm going to keep bugging you here. Noticed today in a client tenant that the export to Excel functionality has changed. Looks like we can now export more than 10,000 records at a time, but the resulting CSV file is garbage. The call data is now combined into a single cell with no discernable way to split the data apart. This is a huge loss to those who export this data for analysis. Any suggestions?

Having the same issue. However, the data exported is only 898 but data are merged into one cell only. Is this an on-going issue for S4B reports?

Hi Diana,

I contacted support and the fields are separated by tabs, not immediately apparent when viewing it inside of Excel. If you select the first column and do Text to Columns conversion based on a tab, it will separate the data into their respective columns. Very poor design in my opinion and a step backward from the previous report design.

Thanks for this! Who uses TABs!!!