SOLVED

Twitter web part July 2023

Copper Contributor

Hi all,

I noticed that Twitter web part don't show any feeds, ask for login. Have I missed something, Elon has applied some changes or is this to do with the limited views he imposed?

Normss_0-1688457674748.png

Thanks

13 Replies
Hello,
We are experience the same in our twitter web part. It seems to be the changes introduced where the site cannot be viewed without a login to the website. https://www.reuters.com/technology/twitter-now-needs-users-sign-view-tweets-2023-06-30.
I am not sure if anyone can suggest what we can do to solve this?

Thanks

@Normss Same issue and seems related to Elon's choices

@Normss @SPDrewHart @Yazmin Alfarez  Seems like issue with either Twitter limits or issue at Microsoft en

You can get more information about it by raising support ticket with Microsoft directly and reporting this behavior of twitter web part, follow: Get support for M365 - online support 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Hello - We are experiencing the same issue. We had a couple of SharePoint sites and Teams that were using this web part and it was working perfectly before the weekend. We are now seeing the same message.

The web part stopped working after this weekend. The only reason I can think of is that authentication is now required to read Twitter feeds following restrictions Elon imposed to prevent scraping of information. Can Microsoft please change the web part to include option to authenticate? It is now basically useless. 

best response confirmed by Normss (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Hey champs, please note that Microsoft have an official support page relaying that this issue is present following the terms Twitter changed on 30th of June as per this article - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/twitter-webpart-display-in-sharepoint-is-empty-84384f98-f4...

Microsoft will release further updates on the noted support page once they further investigate the issue.

For now, best to remove the webpart until it's sorted out, cheers.

Something is better than nothing is, Single tweet is still working.

MICROSOFT - make an app we can use like Twitter w/o the Twitter BS. That would solve it. I'm sure there's something already developed you can scoop up 

@Normss @BaJo1 @Shrikant_Sawant @JezSays @Jaapk,

Twitter web part is now working on our SharePoint tenant. I am showing tweets from Microsoft SharePoint twitter page: 

ganeshsanap_0-1691054449220.pngNote: Web part might not show "No results are displayed " or "Something went wrong" error when you try to see tweets from a specific user or a collection in the web part.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Also, the twitter web part will be soon retired by Microsoft. Here is the relevant message in M365 message center: 

ganeshsanap_0-1691055377316.png

MICROSOFT- can you make a linkedin plugin? I would like to show company posts from that platform. That would have been the best solution for us anyways and would be a great substitute. for this plugin that no longer works.

@ganeshsanap 

Thanks for info, even this webpart working for me, but while providing maximum twits to show =3, in that case its shows more than 50 twits.

Can you please check the same.

@Pernille-Eskebo could you please take a look for this issue.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Normss (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Hey champs, please note that Microsoft have an official support page relaying that this issue is present following the terms Twitter changed on 30th of June as per this article - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/twitter-webpart-display-in-sharepoint-is-empty-84384f98-f4...

Microsoft will release further updates on the noted support page once they further investigate the issue.

For now, best to remove the webpart until it's sorted out, cheers.

View solution in original post