Sharepoint Email Forwarding

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I have a question about SharePoint Email Forwarding?

1. So I've added my domain on the admin portal and added a text record to verify, no issues.

2. I have the office business premium subscription.

3. I make use of SharePoint and I've setup everything and working great.

4. I used my domain I added to sign into SharePoint and also works perfect.

5. My mail is hosted at a different company, and I don't want to move my mail to Microsoft 365

6. Now all activity happening on SharePoint is send to my email address BUT i don't get the emails.

7. I've setup mail forwarding on my account or rather users account but didn't work.

8. I did something else but I don't want to go that route, it worked though (Prefer not to mention)

9. Contacted Microsoft Support but we have long conversations and remote sessions but no go.

Any help or input would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

2 Replies
Might I ask why you don't want to move your e-mail to Office 365? I don't know what mail services you currently have, but I can ensure you that Exchange Online is going to be mucho more reliable. By the way, If you send an e-mail to a yourdomain.onmicroosft.comn e-mail: Does the forwarding work?

@Juan Carlos González Martín 

Hi,

Thanks for the reply and update.

I don't have anything against Microsoft but we have been using Google as mail provider for years now and I'm very happy plus it's gonna be a mission to move everything over and I'm not up for that, understand?

If I send a mail to name@domain.onmicrosoft.com I get it on exchange but not my domain.com, I must also mention I added my domain on Microsoft but not making use of the mail services, but if I add a complete 3rd party domain.net and forward that domain to my current domain.com it works perfect, but I want to avoid going that route?

Any ideas / input regarding that?

Thanks.