SharePoint and Outlook Calendar Syncing Functionality

Copper Contributor

Hello all, 

New to the forum.  Here is my situation and some background:

Currently, I have a calendar created under my account that is shared with many individuals within my organization to add appointments to communicate who will be in-office.  What I'd like to do is move this calendar over (or sync) to a new SharePoint modern communications site (intranet) since this calendar is already established and being used.  We are still in the process of getting our site approval, but the process of doing this seems straight forward. 

In the event that I promote outside my current organization, what will happen to the synced calendar on SharePoint since it is shared from my account associated with my current org?  Will there be issues since this is the origin of the calendar? 

If there are potential issues with this, any recommendations on how to more efficiently set this up? Will I have to start over with a calendar on SharePoint instead of how things are currently setup? 

I appreciate any advice/guidance :) 

1 Reply
Does the sound of crickets tell you anything about using microsoft calendars? Afterall calendars were just discovered. They may have some help in 2050.