Calendar Overlays

Copper Contributor

Hi All,

I am trying to sync a "room" calendar from outlook 365 to SharePoint calendar via an overlay.

When I select Exchange via the SharePoint calendar, it does not "find" any information and then I try to add it manually which is NOT working. Can anyone please dumb this down for me and explain where I find the EWS and outlook address? I am so frustrated!!! I have read so many things online, that still won't help me.

FIrstly I need to know, does the room/resource calendar actually work with SharePoint or do I have to create a new user email address and use that calendar rather than a room. What a kerfuffle!

Thank you,

Ashlea

1 Reply

@AshleaLu Still no answer? No surprise there. You'd think syncing an Outlook calendar to SharePoint and visa versa would be, by 2023 an easy, intuitive and simple straightforward thing. 

You're so right, what a kerfuffle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been trying to sync two calendars similarly. I've found you can use Power Automate to create an item in a list in SharePoint when creating an event in Outlook, but it doesn't just make just one event, but several. YAYYYYY Phenomenal. That's so useful AND we get to get frustrated even further trying to tackle that issue.

AND no one seems to be able to answer this simple issue which means: MICROSOFT PRODUCTS ARE NOT AS 'INTEGRATED' AS THEY CLAIM. 

Personally every time I sit down and try to accomplish something like this with Microsoft products it only ends in a half-assed implementation because I don't have 2 months to try and figure something that should standard, everyday simple functionality. If you haven't invested too much time and money, it may be good to move to another functional and useful product line.

On that note, someone prove me wrong!!!