Repoint Suggested People to newly created advanced search page

Copper Contributor

We moved over to use SPO as our Intranet back in July and as part of this move I created a new search page using PnP Search, Results, Verticals.  Included in this is a people search so when you use the main search box at the top of our communication site it takes the data you entered in the box over to our new search page, where it then returns the most accurate data you have requested.  This also works great as a people search.  Unfortunately, we have just realised that if you type the name of a person in the main search box and click on the suggested name, this does not take the data over to the new search page so you have to enter the name of the person again on that page.

Has anyone else come across this and if so, how did you get around it?? I have spoken with the break fix team who have advised that there is nothing they can do to help with this.

It would either be great to send the name to the new search page or switch off the suggested people element from the main search box.  If anyone knows how to do either I look forward to hearing from you.  thanks

2 Replies
You can try setting to redirect to the search site and make PnP search pickup the query from the URL or something.

I've not tried it though:

https://pnp.github.io/powershell/cmdlets/Set-PnPSearchSettings.html
Thank you for the above, I have configured the search box to send to the new customised search page and this is working great, the problem is the default suggested people that pops up in the search box doesnt send the suggested person selected to my new search page :(