SOLVED

Recurrance tasks with Flow or Sharepoint workflow

Brass Contributor

Hi!

I´m about to create a simple issue-tracking app in Sharepoint as a company wide "to-do" list for a bunch different areas in the company.

So far, so good.

We have recurrant tasks however which I´m not certain about to handle, for example we have a couple of tasks that needs to be created every month, every 3rd month or on a year basis.

So I´m thinking about to use Sharepoint Workflow or Microsoft Flow to check tasks which had the DueDate yesterday(Today -1 day) and based on the results I´ve recieve in that filter I need to create a tasks for 1 month ahead or a year.

I am not so good at codes and things like that and don´t know which function in Flow i could use for that matter, do anyone of you know?

I want it to be like this:

task 1 is created and has a column for recurrance every month. DueDate for this task is 22/1-2019

At  6am the 23rd of January a flow looks in to the list and retrieve every task that had a DueDate for 22/1 and create a Task with the same information with DueDate: 22/2-2019. It had been awesome if we could get information regarding weekends so if the 22/2 is on a saturday it´ll creates if for the next monday instead.

Can anyone help me with the time-management? The other stuffs I think I can handle :)

//Martin

3 Replies
best response confirmed by Martin Front (Brass Contributor)
Solution
I’ve solved this using flow.
To have a flow with recurrence trigger which looks for a case that has a duedate (yesterday) at 6am every day and then based on that filter I’ve create tasks which has a tag that contains the time for recurrence.

So flow was the answer.

//Marti
Yeah, just make sure not to have a flow pause for an extended period of time, long as it runs daily and makes update to the data then you should be good. Flow's can only pause/run/stay active for so long, can't remember how long but I want to say around 90 days or something along those lines.

Hi,

Yes, almost understood that it couldn´t be run forever so the best option is to have "one" job which is a new job everyday and looks for a certain tag on the item instead.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Martin Front (Brass Contributor)
Solution
I’ve solved this using flow.
To have a flow with recurrence trigger which looks for a case that has a duedate (yesterday) at 6am every day and then based on that filter I’ve create tasks which has a tag that contains the time for recurrence.

So flow was the answer.

//Marti

View solution in original post