Preceived conflict on Hub Site between Hub Navigation and Site Navigation

Copper Contributor

Hi everyone,

I'm currently testing via the developer program with various site and hub configurations, to learn best practices and develop a robust site architecture for a corporate intranet. I configured some (communication) site collections and chose one of them as a hub and associated the others to them – so far so good.

By doing so I however, found something with the Navigation on the hub site that really confused me:

First the straightforward part – the navigation which I configure on the hub site, the (normal main navigation) becomes the hub navigation (located on the top) for associated side collections. So, the hub site has no top navigation (or "hub" navigation"), which initially makes some kind of sense to me.

But then I noticed on the hub site, when I scroll down on any of its pages there suddenly appears another navigation with totally different links – I assume its the normal site navigation of this site. However, this behavior is super confusing to me. First the hub navigation visually takes the place of the site navigation on the hub site, but then suddenly this navigation is gone and replaced by another navigation not present before and additionally letting the hub navigation disappear entirely. For me this is a clear conflict between the two navigations on the hub site and it renders clear issues in usability in my opinion.

Does anyone has thoughts on this and noticed the same? Is this normal and wanted behavior?

Thanks for any comments!

0 Replies