Hiding a JSON Header in Sharepoint List item

Copper Contributor

Good Afternoon,

I have Sharepoint list item which has it's columns grouped with custom JSON in the Item View. The columns have Conditional Formulas on them to hide when the field contains no data.

What I am wondering is, is it possible to hide the Header for that particular group where all columns are hidden becasue they contain no data? In the example below the two colums that would normally be here are hidden but the header for the group remains.

Capture.PNG

Thanks in advance!

3 Replies

@josh_dev Unfortunately, you cannot conditionally set/show/hide the section display name for particular group of columns.

SharePoint JSON form body layout does not support such customization yet. You can either keep section display name empty all the times or have some display name which will be shown all the times.

Check Microsoft official documentation for more information: Configure the list form 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Thank you. Stopping to search for a solution for now. Please, would you know whether adding this type of customization is under consideration or, if not, where to ask for it?

@inesko Try these options:

1. Ask a question (New Issue) on SharePoint Docs Repo at: SharePoint Docs Issues 
  2. Raise support ticket with Microsoft directly: Get M365 Support - Online Support 
  3. Add new feedback/idea for this feature request on SharePoint Feedback Portal

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.