Not able to add News Posts in Internet Explorer

Iron Contributor

Our intranet page is set to open in Internet Explorer as the home page by default.  Users are not able to add a new news post from the News web part this morning.  I can't see any updates to IE that have changed any settings.  The users are able to add a new post in Google Chrome or Edge.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

5 Replies
Well, I know that an advice to avoid using IE is what you are not looking for, but the reality is that SPO does not work perfectly with IE...it works much better with Google Chrome, Edge or FF

@Juan Carlos González Martín Personally, I use Edge for Office 365, but we wanted the ability to set a default home page as our intranet site, so needed IE.  In addition, we have links to our GP Dynamics 2015 Web Client which requires Silverlight.  Hopefully that's updated to a new version soon!  For now I just told people to use Chrome or Edge, but still haven't figure out what happened to cause the change.  No update or changes to our GPOs for staff.  I am hoping we can abandon IE soon!

@Chris Stewart   Windows 10 Enterprise 1809, IE 11.0.120

@Carol DeMuth @Chris Stewart I'm using IE 11.765.17134.0 and have the same behavior.  Some functionality in Office Online works for me in IE, but not all - Stream is more picky about using Edge (probably Chrome would be fine as well).