SOLVED

My custom layout in SharePoint keeps resetting when items are modified

Copper Contributor

Hello community!,

I used a custom JSON formatting (using sections) in body layout and it works fine for the past 2 months.

Recently, my users said the section disappears and it became default when they edit their SharePoint items. When then move to another item, section reappears normally, and disappears when they edit their item. This happens every time, not sure what's the problem

2 Replies
best response confirmed by saifimran (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@saifimran I have observed many users are facing this same issue while using JSON formatting on list forms.

I think this is some bug from Microsoft side. I will suggest you to raise a support ticket with Microsoft for this and report this: Get help Microsoft 365 - online support 

You can find similar issues at:

1. SharePoint List losing Body JSON formatting on save temporarily 
  2. SharePoint loses JSON formatting on save 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

@ganeshsanap thank you for your reply! I guess going to PowerApps forms might be worth it.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by saifimran (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@saifimran I have observed many users are facing this same issue while using JSON formatting on list forms.

I think this is some bug from Microsoft side. I will suggest you to raise a support ticket with Microsoft for this and report this: Get help Microsoft 365 - online support 

You can find similar issues at:

1. SharePoint List losing Body JSON formatting on save temporarily 
  2. SharePoint loses JSON formatting on save 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

View solution in original post