SOLVED

Multiple, nameless and locked desktop icons

Copper Contributor

Hi there,

After updating to Windows 10 Home 22H2, it is presenting an annoying problem ("Bug") with the update of the desktop icons.
I use my laptop to do RENDER and CAD work and during the day after a continuous use of the video graphics
the icons on the desktop start to lose their names, to lock, (they do not allow access to the right mouse button)
to change position after refreshing the screen and multiplying as ghosts.
In the same way, if I refresh the screen more than three times with the right mouse button,
the icons adopt the anomalies described above.
I have a good laptop: Dell G5 (for gaming), Intel i7 8th gen, 32 ram, Nvidia RTX 2060 6gb,
Disk SSD Nvme M2 500gb + SSD sata 1000gb, 144hz display (or 240Hz external display).
I'm pretty sure it's a Windows problem.
I have created new user accounts and it doesn't work.
Currently I am using the Rebuild Icon Cached as temporary solution,
(I have to use it with script to repair during the day, but it is not normal).
If any of you have a solution, I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks a lot.

2 Replies
best response confirmed by Jose_2023 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Jose_2023 

This is not correct place to ask question related to Windows as this community channel is only for SharePoint. 

You should ask question at below channel:

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/windows/ct-p/Windows10

Hope it will helpful to you and if so then Please mark my response as Best Response & Like to help others in this community

Thanks very munch for your valuable advice kalpeshvaghela.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Jose_2023 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Jose_2023 

This is not correct place to ask question related to Windows as this community channel is only for SharePoint. 

You should ask question at below channel:

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/windows/ct-p/Windows10

Hope it will helpful to you and if so then Please mark my response as Best Response & Like to help others in this community

View solution in original post