Modern Team Site date format not getting updated

Brass Contributor

I have noticed that even after setting Regional settings in a Modern Team site to Australian format the date format remains in default American format on existing pages/posts. Has anyone else noticed this? It seems like a bug to me. This was not happening in Classic team sites.

12 Replies
I just created a MTS and changed the region from US to the UK, worked fine
I think Alex may be referring to the publish / edit date that is shown on modern pages / new posts - these seem to ignore the regional settings.
Correct. I was referring to the publish / edit date that is shown on modern pages / new posts (hence the included screenshot). So am I correct in my observation of this bug?

Alex - we get this too, can't be changed as far as I can tell.

Please refer to my earlier discussion at here Link.

Also have a user voice for the same. Please vote.

https://sharepoint.uservoice.com/forums/329214-sites-and-collaboration/suggestions/31505407-publish...

I think this should be logged as a bug via Premier Support, so it gets proper attention. But I have voted on it as well. 

Thanks Alex. Appreciate it.

Yes, it has been logged as a ticket with Premier support too but no feedback on it yet. Have also raised to some of the MS contacts, they have acknowledged it but the issues still persists. Hopefully it moves faster with more votes and more users requesting for it.

It is vital that admins can set the locale, language, region and/or date format. We work in the UK and it is causing real confusion that the date is US based. Could this be made configurable in the Teams admin console? For me, the Language is set to UK English but all the dates associated with files are US dates. Clearly the language setting is not filtering through to a corresponding date display and this seems to be the same for other users. Thank you.

Hi Alex,

I'm noticing that after changing my App language settings in Teams, the next time I check it (usually the day after) it reverts back to English (United States) - Have you noticed this occurring also?

@Andrew Silcock Are you referring to MS Teams? This post was not about MS Teams, but about SharePoint team sites. But you are correct - the same issue is also affecting MS Teams application. By the way I think it was rather unfortunate of Microsoft using the word "Teams" for their team-collaboration product, given up until then it was extensively used in SharePoint to refer to Team sites :) Confuses the hell out of our users when we try to explain to them the difference between the two. 

Thanks @Alex Ouretski,. Yes, you are quite right I was referring to MS Teams. I had thought I was responding to a Teams community forum. My mistake. But in fact this issue is specific to Teams. It is indeed confusing making the distinction between MS Teams and Classic SharePoint Team sites, and I've been working with SharePoint for years. I will look for the MS Teams forum and post this query there.

Hi Alex,

Yes I was, apologies for the confusion, although like you said, it is confusing. I am having to explain this to users on a daily basis (so I should know better).

A "Microsoft Teams team" is also a fun one to say! :)