Migrating PowerApp From one DEV to UAT with Sharepoint Data

Copper Contributor

I want to migrate my PowerApps Application from one Environment (DEV) to another (UAT). I am able to Migrate only my application and my automate flows. But I am not able to Export SharePoint Data. Is there any way so that i can Export - Import SharePoint Data as well. If no then What are the other ways I can Try?

2 Replies

Hi Govind Currently, there is no way to export SharePoint data from a Power Apps solution and import it into another solution. However, there are a few workarounds you can try

You can export the SharePoint data as a CSV file and then import it into the UAT environment manually.
You can use a third-party tool to export and import SharePoint data. There are a number of these tools available, such as ShareGate and MigrationWiz.
You can create a new SharePoint list in the UAT environment and then manually copy the data from the DEV environment list.
The best workaround for you will depend on the specific requirements of your migration. If you have a small amount of data, exporting the data as a CSV file may be the easiest option. If you have a large amount of data or need to automate the migration process, you may want to use a third-party tool.

@GovindPrajapat 

You can export the existing list to excel and create a new list using excel file as mentioned here: Create a list based on a spreadsheet - but unfortunately, it will change the internal names of the list columns due to which you will have to modify your app and flows accordingly.

So, you can create a new list using columns and list structure of existing list as shown here, Create a new list based on the columns in another list  and then follow:

1. Move / Copy list items from one list to another list using Power Automate flow. Similar template available at: Move items from one SharePoint list to another 
  2. Copy list items from one list to another list using PowerShell or PnP PowerShell: SharePoint Online: Copy List Items from One List to Another using PowerShell 
  3. Using PnP site & list template provisioning:
  4. Using ShareGate or other 3rd party tools for migrating list and list items from one site to another - you can get free trial for ShareGate as well.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.