SOLVED

Image in numbered list restarts the numbering

Copper Contributor

Hi all!

When I insert an image in an numbered list (<ol>, <li>) on a page in Modern SharePoint, the text editor automatically restart the numbering:

StigP_0-1696509748799.png

I think this "feature" occured last week. I have lots of pages on the same site containing numbered lists including images (support- and how-to-pages). If I open one of these pages in edit-mode, it restarts the numbering after the picture.

Could it be related to https://www.microsoft.com/nb-no/microsoft-365/roadmap?filters=&searchterms=146063 ? 

Any ideas how to fix this?

7 Replies

@StigP I am seeing the same thing today. I was able to insert images into numbered lists previously in SPO, so this must be a break introduced in a recent update.

I have been seeing his for a while as well.
I have an ongoing case with MS support, and they confirm that many customers have reported the same issue. Had a meeting with support yesterday, and they've promised the highest priority, so I'm waiting patiently and hoping they find a solution quickly.

@StigP thank you for taking the time to give an update. Fingers crossed they will get it solved sooner rather than later. 

best response confirmed by StigP (Copper Contributor)
Solution
I believe this is fixed now. I happen to try it again today and no issues pasting inline images in ordered lists.

@Jaymz Yates thank you for positing a reply. I've checked our instance and can confirm it is now working again for us as well.

Thank you for the update! My support case with Microsoft was closed a few weeks ago with the guarantee that the bug would be fixed. I can confirm that it has been fixed on our instance as well. Nice Christmas present :D
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by StigP (Copper Contributor)
Solution
I believe this is fixed now. I happen to try it again today and no issues pasting inline images in ordered lists.

View solution in original post