Hero and Doc Library Links Not Working in Modern Experience

Copper Contributor

I have two problems with my Modern Experience site, but I think they may be related.

1) On our Modern home page we are using a Hero to give links to our main subsites. This worked fine when our subsites were Classic, however when we started switching to Modern subsites and updated the links in the Hero - they stopped working. You can enter a link and it will work for a moment, but then will disappear as if no link had been entered. See photo (this is after inserting a link and then coming back to the home page to find the link is gone). 

2) Similarly, when we link to a Modern document library from a Modern uick link webpart the link breaks - again when we inserted the link to the quick link section on a Classic page (even if the library was modern) the link was fine. 

These problems make our Modern site virtually unusable. 

1 Reply
I have a similar problem editing the navigation links, I always have to delete the link and re-add a new one. Edit never works.

Worse case scenario, use a URL shortening services like bit.ly or tinyurl etc. To shorten your URL's and use those, it might work. I usually prefer it anyway, because it causes a refersh of the page on the navigation which eliminates any cache issues which plauge modern pages from time to time, since it tries to quickly navigate inside the page without refreshing.