SOLVED

display problem on my SharePoint Online lists 30 items

Copper Contributor

Hello,
I have a display problem on my SharePoint lists, I have a list grouped by date, in this one I have more than 30 items,

so I increased the default display limit, on certain workstations I don't have any problems however on others when displaying a group I can only see the first 30 items,

I don't have the possibility to click on "show more"

I tried by changing browser: KO but when I try from a private browsing it works.

I'm thinking more of a cache problem but I don't understand why SharePoint is stuck on the first 30 items.

It is very restrictive for me because it distorts important data for my company.

Do you have an idea of Problem ?  

Thank's !

2 Replies
additional indications: on the same user, on the same list on the same view, it does not work at my client but it works on my personal pc, I have as indicated above tested several browsers but always the same problem.
best response confirmed by HDDEV645 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hello,
I found the solution :

So far changing the List Settings - > Advanced Settings -> Set Offline Client Availability to 'No' seems to work.

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/sharepoint/sharepoint-caching-problems-with-lists/m-p/3061137...

The OneDrive client appears to be syncing Lists from SharePoint Online (et. al) by default. To verify this is what is happening, you can perform the following steps:

Open Dev Tools on Chrome (F12)
Navigate to "Network"
Select "Fetch/XHR" as type
Enter "RenderListDataAsStream" as a filter
Attempt to sort a list that is cached
The results should show "localhost", "::1", or an equivalent loopback address under the "Remote Address" column.

You can then use resmon, netstat or Get-NetTCPConnection/Get-Process to find the IM of the process name and ID of the port being used for these local XHR requests to the RenderListDataAsStream endpoint. In my scenario, it was port 42050 (probably randomized), which was shown in use by the Microsoft.SharePoint.exe application, located under \AppData\Local\Microsoft\OneDrive\<version number>.

If you see this behavior, you can attempt to mitigate the caching by:

Setting
[HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\OneDrive] "DisableNucleusSync" = "dword:1"

(per MS Docs - Use Group Policy to control Lists sync settings )
Rebooting machine, or force closing the task with IM of "Microsoft.SharePoint.exe".
Reloading the list page (may need to force-refresh).
This appears to be working on our test machines (all Modern UI queries are forced to use the SPO servers instead of OD), but I'm not entirely sure of the effect this setting could have in regards to SP, OneDrive, Teams, etc - so it should probably be used with caution.

Hopefully this helps your tenants as well. Good luck!

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by HDDEV645 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hello,
I found the solution :

So far changing the List Settings - > Advanced Settings -> Set Offline Client Availability to 'No' seems to work.

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/sharepoint/sharepoint-caching-problems-with-lists/m-p/3061137...

The OneDrive client appears to be syncing Lists from SharePoint Online (et. al) by default. To verify this is what is happening, you can perform the following steps:

Open Dev Tools on Chrome (F12)
Navigate to "Network"
Select "Fetch/XHR" as type
Enter "RenderListDataAsStream" as a filter
Attempt to sort a list that is cached
The results should show "localhost", "::1", or an equivalent loopback address under the "Remote Address" column.

You can then use resmon, netstat or Get-NetTCPConnection/Get-Process to find the IM of the process name and ID of the port being used for these local XHR requests to the RenderListDataAsStream endpoint. In my scenario, it was port 42050 (probably randomized), which was shown in use by the Microsoft.SharePoint.exe application, located under \AppData\Local\Microsoft\OneDrive\<version number>.

If you see this behavior, you can attempt to mitigate the caching by:

Setting
[HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\OneDrive] "DisableNucleusSync" = "dword:1"

(per MS Docs - Use Group Policy to control Lists sync settings )
Rebooting machine, or force closing the task with IM of "Microsoft.SharePoint.exe".
Reloading the list page (may need to force-refresh).
This appears to be working on our test machines (all Modern UI queries are forced to use the SPO servers instead of OD), but I'm not entirely sure of the effect this setting could have in regards to SP, OneDrive, Teams, etc - so it should probably be used with caution.

Hopefully this helps your tenants as well. Good luck!

View solution in original post