CTRL-F and collapsed sections

Copper Contributor

I'm currently experiencing an issue while using CTRL+F to search for specific content on a SharePoint page. The function works as expected for text in visible sections, but it doesn't work when the target content is within a collapsed section.

If content is in a collapsed section and hasn't been loaded until that section is expanded, CTRL+F doesn't find it. This adds a layer of complexity and time consumption to the process, as users must manually expand each section to be able to search the content within it.

I'm wondering if anyone else has encountered this issue and if you've found an effective workaround or solution? Or perhaps there might be a way to modify the page configuration to load all text even when sections are collapsed. Any input or advice would be greatly appreciated.

4 Replies
Same problem here... any update?

@Chris_Melvin 
Hello, just wondering if you've found a workaround to this issue you surfaced last year? If so, can you please share? Thanks!

Same problem here. I've created a large how-to page, and to keep it clean I've put it all into collapsed sections with the default as collapsed. But now I can't search the page, and there is no option to expand all sections at once.

I would love to know if anyone has a work-around for this.
Sorry everyone! Still no update from me. Grrrrr....