Cannot use hyperlink field with modern list

Copper Contributor

Hi!

After installing latest CU of SharePoint (I was late of a couple months), I cannot edit or create new item in modern list when a hyperlink column is used.

It works when I change libraries to classic mode but as soon as I configure it in modern, it doesn't work.

When I click on new item, library "fade out" and no menu appear at right. Also, when I try to edit an item, menu at right appears but hyperlink field is broken. I cannot edit the field and save the item.

When I try to edit an item...

msamson_0-1688560921031.png

Any idea what can be the problem or what I can try to fix the problem?

Thank you!

8 Replies

Hello @msamson,

your issue could be related to compatibility issues or a bug in the latest CU. You can try this to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Try with different browser (to exclude the browser issue)

2. Clear browser cache

3. Check for latest updates

4. Disable customizations

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Kindest regards

Leon Pavesic

Hello @LeonPavesic,

I tried with different computers & browsers and cleared cache but still have the same problem. All updates is done and there's no customization. Any other idea?

Thank you!
I'm having the same issue. None of the above steps solve it yet!
Same issue here. Any updates from MS yet?
Same issue with our multiple customers having SHP 2019 farms (July 2023 patch). Found workaround, switch the list to "Quick edit" mode and you can edit the item(s). However, looking forward to fix from MS. Hopefully in patch August 2023...?

Hi, 

We have the same issue in our farms. 

MS included a fix in the August CU (will test it in few days).

Until then, as another workaround to rendering with classic UI, add the Ratings (0-5), that column will make just "Add" and "Edit" item forms to render in the classic UI. 

And when the fix is available, just remove the column.

From my tests, do not add the ratings as a list option, then a PS script needs to be executed to get rid of the columns.

Hope it helps.

@msamson 

Thank you so much for your help. Please let us know if the August CU did any help.
August CU fixes the issue!