Can you insert news or highlighted content as a web part page?

Copper Contributor

In SharePoint Online you can create a new web part page and I was wondering if there is a way that you can add news section or highlighted content as that web part? What I'm trying to achieve, is to have one SP page with more than one news section. One for all news and a couple for different locations. I don't necessarily want to create a separate site or subsite for each of these locations as the news section is the only part that I am interested in. 

Ideally, I would like to create a few web part pages and link to them from the menu at the top, is it at all possible? If not, do you have any other suggestions that would help me achieve a similar effect? 

2 Replies

@Andyo_1-220 it sounds like you are still using the classic experience as modern pages don't have "Web part pages", just pages. And on those pages you can have more than 1 news web part (as shown in the image below with filters applied to columns in the Site Page library. Or you can have a news part and a highlighted content web part on the same page or more than one highlighted content web part. It all works fine but make sure that you are using the modern experience.

multipleNews.png

Come back with any questions if you are not sure how to do any aspect of this.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Power Automate Community Super User

@RobElliott Thanks Rob. I thought I was using modern but that option is still there:

Andyo_1-220_0-1591104457709.png

What I was trying to do, rather than having all of the news on one page, to have the general news at the top and then links to separate news sections. I don't think I can link directly to highlighted content, can I?