Can't switch back to infopath form after publishing a powerapps form

Copper Contributor

I am using a sharepoint list that previously used an info path form. for the last few months i've worked on a powerapps form which i published yesterday. The problem is, the publishing automatically changed the sharepoint (Listsettings > Formsettings) to "Use a custom powerapps form". Previously it used an infopath form, like i mentioned. Unfortunately, the powerapps form i created has errors and i want to switch back to that info path form in the meantime. The problem is, the button for "Use custom infopath form" is greyed out and i can not click it since i published the powerapps form. How can i fix this?

1 Reply

Hello @DominicWill1,

When you publish a custom PowerApps form for a SharePoint list, it overrides the previous form settings, including the option to use a custom InfoPath form. In this case, if the "Use custom InfoPath form" button is grayed out and inaccessible, it indicates that the ability to switch back to an InfoPath form has been disabled.

To address this situation and revert back to the InfoPath form, you have a few options:

1. Delete the PowerApps form and republish the InfoPath form: If the errors in your PowerApps form are preventing its use, you can delete the PowerApps form and republish the InfoPath form. After deleting the PowerApps form, the option to use a custom InfoPath form should become available again. However, note that this approach permanently removes the PowerApps form and any changes made to it.

2. Create a new SharePoint list and attach the InfoPath form: If you have a backup or a copy of the InfoPath form, you can create a new SharePoint list and attach the InfoPath form to it. This allows you to use the InfoPath form without being affected by the changes made in the existing list.

3. Contact Microsoft Support: If the above options don't work or if you need assistance with specific issues related to your SharePoint list and forms, it is advisable to contact Microsoft Support. They can provide guidance and potential solutions to help resolve the situation and revert back to using the InfoPath form.

Hope it helps.

Kindest regards

Leon Pavesic