SOLVED

Railway construction km Filter

Copper Contributor

Hi All,

I’m working currently on a MS-Project File for Railway Construction.

In there I have 2 number fields for km start and km end. All activities have an entry in these two fields. How can I set a Filter which shows me all activities between km 6 and km 7.

Following Tasks as an example:

Task 1: km Start 5,5 km end km 10

Task 2: km Start 6,2 km end km 6,5

Task 3: km Start 6,7 km end km 8,0

Task 4: km Start 5,5 km end km 6,5

I can not just set a Filter in KM start greater than 6, there I would miss Task 1 and Task 4

And when I set a filter in KM end less than 7, than I would miss task 1 and 3.

Any support would be very helpful.

8 Replies
ThomasvP,
Take a look at the Date Range filter and modify the fields as appropriate for your needs.
John

@John-project 

Hi John, 

thanks for the support. I changed the Date Range filter accordingly but,

when I sete the range filter from 6km Start to 7km End, will not schow the activities witch goes e.g. Start 5km to 10km. 

How can I set a Filter witch includes these tasks also? 

Many Thanks in advance,

Thomas 

best response confirmed by Dale_HowardMVP (MVP)
Solution

@ThomasvP,

This is what I get when I create a filter based on the Date Range filter. Does it not do what you want?

2023-07-24_10-01-42.png

John

@John-project 

I have crated the same Filter, and when I apply it to the range of KM 6 and KM7 than only Task 2 appears. 

But what I need is that all 4 activities needs to appear, because they have workload in this km range.

Do you have any Idea? 

Screenshot 2023-07-25 073828.png

Hello @ThomasvP 

The filter that John describes works correctly 

You can add it to ask the interval of kilometers as indicated in the attached video.

Regards

@Ignacio_Martin 

@John-project 

Hey both, thanks so much. now it is working. 

(I mixed up start and finish before) 

@ThomasvP 

Yeah, I thought maybe that was the problem. I'm glad you got it working and thanks for the feedback.

If I answered your question, please consider marking my response as the answer.

John

In railway construction, the kilometer filter refers to the process of detailing the scope of work and cost estimates per kilometer of track. This method allows for precise budgeting, resource allocation, and progress tracking, ensuring efficient project management and adherence to financial constraints. <a href="https://remoteestimation.us/service/concrete-takeoff-and-estimating-service/">Click Here</a>
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Dale_HowardMVP (MVP)
Solution

@ThomasvP,

This is what I get when I create a filter based on the Date Range filter. Does it not do what you want?

2023-07-24_10-01-42.png

John

View solution in original post