SOLVED

MS Project for Web permissions - sharing outside of group membership

Copper Contributor

Morning,

I wonder if someone could help me with a query on how to grant visibility, ideally read-only permissions, to people within my organisation to projects within MS Project for Web?

I currently have a portfolio (7) of projects for our organisation, each of which are owned by a functional lead. I need to be able to share these project across all functional leads with read-only access to those project they don't own.

The project all have their own M365 group assigned for access but I don't want to add the functional leads to these groups as the group provide access to Teams, SharePoint etc. Is there a way fo achieving this?

Thanks

1 Reply
best response confirmed by Dale Howard (MVP)
Solution
There currently isn't a way to do this in Project for the Web. They have to be assigned to the M365 group. Once they have access, they are only limited by their assigned license E3, Plan1, Plan 3 or Plan 5 allows them to do.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Dale Howard (MVP)
Solution
There currently isn't a way to do this in Project for the Web. They have to be assigned to the M365 group. Once they have access, they are only limited by their assigned license E3, Plan1, Plan 3 or Plan 5 allows them to do.

View solution in original post