SOLVED

File upload for Planner Tasks in SharePoint

Copper Contributor

Hello all,

is it possible to upload local files in the Planner WebPart for SharePoint? Unfortunately, this option is not shown in the task, only "From team files" and "A Link to a URL".

SharePointSharePointThere is such an option at task.office.com:

Planner AppPlanner App

How is it possible to quickly switch from SharePoint to task.office.com? Is there a link in the WebPart?

Thanks and regards

Daniel

2 Replies
best response confirmed by DaHu24 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @DaHu24,

unfortunatelly, the Planner Web Part does not currently support the direct upload of local files to Sharepoint.
Instead, the available options are "From team files" and "Link to a URL".

To work around this limitation,  you can upload your local files to a SharePoint Document Library first, and then link them to your Planner tasks:

1. Navigate to the desired SharePoint Document Library where you intend to upload your files.
  2. Use the "+ New" option to add new folders or documents, or select "+ Upload" to upload existing files or folders¹.
  3. Once your files are successfully uploaded to the Document Library, you can establish links to them in your Planner tasks using the "Link to a URL" option within the Planner WebPart.

This approach allows you to indirectly associate local files with your Planner tasks by first uploading them to the Document Library.

You can also send a feedback request to Microsoft in Microsoft Planner:

- Click the Settings icon

- Under "Planner" click "Send Planner feedback".

- This opens "Send Feedback to Microsoft"

- Click on "I have a suggestion" 

LeonPavesic_0-1701098694068.pngLeonPavesic_1-1701098707016.png

Use the Document Library web part - Microsoft Support

Use the Planner web part - Microsoft Support

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue.
This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item.

If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Kindest regards,

Leon Pavesic
(LinkedIn)

You don't need to upload. I use "A link to a URL" and paste in the Sharepoint link. Works great for me.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by DaHu24 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @DaHu24,

unfortunatelly, the Planner Web Part does not currently support the direct upload of local files to Sharepoint.
Instead, the available options are "From team files" and "Link to a URL".

To work around this limitation,  you can upload your local files to a SharePoint Document Library first, and then link them to your Planner tasks:

1. Navigate to the desired SharePoint Document Library where you intend to upload your files.
  2. Use the "+ New" option to add new folders or documents, or select "+ Upload" to upload existing files or folders¹.
  3. Once your files are successfully uploaded to the Document Library, you can establish links to them in your Planner tasks using the "Link to a URL" option within the Planner WebPart.

This approach allows you to indirectly associate local files with your Planner tasks by first uploading them to the Document Library.

You can also send a feedback request to Microsoft in Microsoft Planner:

- Click the Settings icon

- Under "Planner" click "Send Planner feedback".

- This opens "Send Feedback to Microsoft"

- Click on "I have a suggestion" 

LeonPavesic_0-1701098694068.pngLeonPavesic_1-1701098707016.png

Use the Document Library web part - Microsoft Support

Use the Planner web part - Microsoft Support

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue.
This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item.

If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Kindest regards,

Leon Pavesic
(LinkedIn)

View solution in original post