SOLVED

Copilot for nonprofits - pricing and offers

Iron Contributor

With Copilot now announced for release on 1 November, I am wondering if/when pricing and offer details for nonprofit organisations will be released? It would be great to see a grant plus discount offer as Copilot could deliver a lot of value to nonprofits.

Thanks

10 Replies
best response confirmed by Matt-MotiveConsulting (Iron Contributor)
Solution

Hi @Matt-MotiveConsulting, thanks for the question. At the moment Microsoft 365 Copilot is on limited GA with commercial Enterprise customers, but we can anticipate that over the months ahead that could open up for more customers to gain access. Given the gradual roll out of the solution there are no current commitments on if or when nonprofit pricing might arrive. We are seeing interest from nonprofits that have had some exposure to Microsoft 365 Copilot and it may be that we see some nonprofits choose to make use of the commercial priced SKU once it's more generally available given the impact it can have. We see nonprofits making increased use of AI technologies and the recent release of Bing Chat Enterprise is something that nonprofits are already using to help merge internal and external data together to draw insight and create content in a secure way, and the news that Windows Copilot is rolling out brings another AI tool that will help nonprofits improve their operations. Meantime, Copilots in Power BI and Power Platform are also helping nonprofit customers to more easily derive insights, automate tasks, and create lightweight applications. It's certainly true that Copilots can create a lot of value to nonprofits.

As the GA rollout is now less than two weeks away, are there any updates? I have customers asking, since the commercial pricing is prohibitive for them.

Hi @LarsKemmann_ no change. The 'GA' is only for EA customers committing to a set volume of licences. No view on dates for enablement on CSP or Buy Online.

I hear the concern but it's hard to say if the price is truly prohibited until customers get to understand the time that Microsoft 365 can save. Meantime we are encouraging nonprofits to get Copilot ready by moving to Microsoft 365 offers and start making more use of Bing Chat Enterprise where they can combine pasted internal information with web research to create fundraising letters or research. The benefit of Bing Enterprise Search is that it is not a persistent chat so when closing the session that history goes, and we do not use the chat session or data for training, which is different to ChatGPT, Google, and Bing Chat Commercial. We're seeing nonprofits get great value from Bing Chat Enterprise and its a no cost way to start to see what value they might then get from Microsoft 365 Copilot.

@Ian_DrewMSFT 

Imagine a world where Microsoft included nonprofits in the initial rollouts and not as an after thought months and sometimes years later. Imagine if organizations whose work has direct social impact were given priority access to advanced technology and used to preview the cutting edge. 

@Ian_DrewMSFT Thank you to Microsoft for the Non Profit Sponsorship! Definitely appreciate it. Curious if things have changed - even if there is a beta version we'd be happy to "help Microsoft improve their product" as a payback for the free non profit services. Thanks!

@Matt-MotiveConsulting is it now available for non profit organizations and under what terms/licensing/requirements. Thank you. 

Hi @scohen74, Nonprofits can now access M365 Copilot using the commercial offer, and add this to their existing qualifying nonprofit base licence e.g. Microsoft 365 Business Premium etc. Please refer to the commercial guidance regards add Copilot.

When trying to purchase the Co-Pilot licenses, I am getting "You are not eligible to buy this product." a majority of the licenses that we own are Microsoft 365 E3/5 (2k+). Any advice is appreciated. @Ian_DrewMSFT 

@CPLCTeamsSame thing for me, when trying to purchase copilot, I'm getting "You are not eligible to buy this product", then when I retry by refreshing the page, I get another message explaining that my invoice account will be changed...
seems the only way to purchase copilot is to have a credit card because it's not complying with our invoice / paiement methods....
I have open a support ticket to have more information.

@Ian_DrewMSFT if you can help us it will be very appreciated.

cheers
Michel ALVES
CIO Fondation Bellan
France

@Michel_ALVES Are you using the new commerce experience (NCE) for billing?

Reference to other people having similar issues: Re: Copilot for office365 business standard - Microsoft Community Hub

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Matt-MotiveConsulting (Iron Contributor)
Solution

Hi @Matt-MotiveConsulting, thanks for the question. At the moment Microsoft 365 Copilot is on limited GA with commercial Enterprise customers, but we can anticipate that over the months ahead that could open up for more customers to gain access. Given the gradual roll out of the solution there are no current commitments on if or when nonprofit pricing might arrive. We are seeing interest from nonprofits that have had some exposure to Microsoft 365 Copilot and it may be that we see some nonprofits choose to make use of the commercial priced SKU once it's more generally available given the impact it can have. We see nonprofits making increased use of AI technologies and the recent release of Bing Chat Enterprise is something that nonprofits are already using to help merge internal and external data together to draw insight and create content in a secure way, and the news that Windows Copilot is rolling out brings another AI tool that will help nonprofits improve their operations. Meantime, Copilots in Power BI and Power Platform are also helping nonprofit customers to more easily derive insights, automate tasks, and create lightweight applications. It's certainly true that Copilots can create a lot of value to nonprofits.

View solution in original post