Unable to create new group in outlook client

Copper Contributor

HI,
tenant users can create groups and manage groups with outlook web but cannot do it with outlook client.
Outlook client shows the groups on the left but there is no "new group" button. Also it is not possible to add a calendar or a file to the group because the buttons on the ribbon are disabled.
Reading on various posts I checked that
cached exchange mode is on
HiddenFromExchangeClientsEnabled is false
HiddenFromAddressListsEnabled is false

Can you help me ?

Andrea

5 Replies

@AndreaCicchelli I have the same problem. "Add group" in outlook client is grey out.

@maxve2450

I asked microsoft support. They replied that it is a global problem. I wrote something here  : https://mecdata.it/en/2023/04/client-outlook-impossibile-gestire-i-gruppi/

I am waiting for the solution

@AndreaCicchelli 

The solution is in the above article. Microsoft suggests installing an older version of Office and to stop update at the moment.  

cd %programfiles%\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\ClickToRun
officec2rclient.exe /update user updatetoversion=16.0.16130.20332

It worked

@AndreaCicchelli 

If you are unable to create a new group in Outlook client, here are some steps you can try:

1. Make sure you have the correct permissions: To create a new group, you need to have the appropriate permissions. If you are not sure, check with your IT department or administrator to see if you have the necessary permissions.

2. Check your network connection: Ensure that your computer is connected to the internet, and that there are no network issues that may be preventing you from creating a new group.

3. Clear your Outlook cache: Sometimes, issues with the Outlook cache can prevent you from creating a new group. To clear your cache, follow these steps:

• Close Outlook
  • Open the "Run" dialog by pressing the Windows key + R
  • Type "outlook.exe /cleanviews" and press Enter
  • Wait for Outlook to open and try creating a new group again.
  1. Check for updates: Ensure that your Outlook client is up to date with the latest updates from Microsoft. You can check for updates by going to File > Account > Update Options > Update Now.

2. Try using the Outlook web app: If you are still unable to create a new group in the Outlook client, try using the Outlook web app instead. This may help you identify whether the issue is specific to the Outlook client or is related to your account.

If none of these steps help, you may need to contact your IT department or Microsoft support for further assistance.

@Faisal1775 

Thanks, 

but I had already checked everything you proposed in the previous weeks but the correct procedure is to install, as I said above and as suggested by Microsoft, an old version of Office, stop the updates and wait for the resolution by Microsoft.

Thanks

A