Stop outlook sending unusual activity alert

Copper Contributor

Hi Team,

I am here with a weird question. How to stop outlook from sending unusual activity alert? or remove the verification method from outlook.

Background: I am using a personal outlook account in my automation script to send a notification. The virtual machine where automation script runs is in the cloud(AWS) with dynamic IP address. Every now and then the IP address changes so does the location from where IP address originates which prompt outlook( unusual activity alert) to send a verification code to verify which breaks my automation script.

I was wondering is there a way to stop this from happening. Can I make my outlook account intentionally weak removing all the security verification except password.

Cheers,

Narayan5

1 Reply

Hi @Narayan5,

here are the steps you can try:

To stop Outlook from sending unusual activity alerts:

1. Sign in to your Microsoft account and navigate to the Security tab.
  2. Access the Advanced Security options.
  3. Expand the Email a code and Text a code sections.
  4. Toggle the Receive alerts to Off.

!Turning off these alerts may potentially expose your account to unauthorized access.

www.technewstoday.com
How to Turn off the annoying "Unusual sign-in activity" notification - Microsoft Community

To remove the verification method from Outlook:

1. Sign in to the Advanced security options page of your Microsoft Account.
  2. Expand the verification option and select Remove.
  3. Confirm the removal by selecting Remove again.

!It's important to note that removing the verification method could compromise the security of your account.

Microsoft account security info & verification codes - Microsoft Support

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue.
This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item.

If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Kindest regards,

Leon Pavesic
(LinkedIn)