SOLVED

[RESOLVED] Room Resource - "Room is in a different time zone. Use the Scheduling Assistant"

Copper Contributor

Hello, 

I have a problem with Room resources appearing in different time zones when adding them as attendees to events. 

When I look at the TimeZone of the Room Resource, it says that it is in "Central Time Zone" which is the same time zone that I am in. 

We in IT recommend that rooms be added under the room/location section, but it still works to add them as an attendee and it causes some confusion that it is appearing in a different time zone. 

Is there a setting I can change to resolve this? The issue does not occur when the room is selected from the "Room or Location" section of the event creator.

Thanks!

drbielenberg_1-1699470534985.png

drbielenberg_2-1699470539604.png

2 Replies
best response confirmed by drbielenberg (Copper Contributor)
Solution

I believe I've found the cause.

I was able to run this command to see the "WorkingHoursTimeZone" of the room mailbox calendar:

Get-MailboxCalendarConfiguration

This showed me that the rooms are in Pacific Standard Time.

I used the below command to update WorkingHoursTimeZone to central and the issue is no longer occurring.

Set-MailboxCalendarConfiguration -Identity "XXXXXXX" -WorkingHoursTimeZone "Central Standard Time"

@drbielenberg Thanks for the information, any chance you know why it defaults to this time zone? Is there anywhere we can change this default value other than going in and setting it manually after each room resource is created?

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by drbielenberg (Copper Contributor)
Solution

I believe I've found the cause.

I was able to run this command to see the "WorkingHoursTimeZone" of the room mailbox calendar:

Get-MailboxCalendarConfiguration

This showed me that the rooms are in Pacific Standard Time.

I used the below command to update WorkingHoursTimeZone to central and the issue is no longer occurring.

Set-MailboxCalendarConfiguration -Identity "XXXXXXX" -WorkingHoursTimeZone "Central Standard Time"

View solution in original post