Outlook settings

Copper Contributor

I am trying to open Outlook on my machine. It gets as far as loading profile and just hangs. I have tried some of the suggestions in the help topics but most of them do not refer to anything that matches the information on my machine! Any suggestions?  Word and Excel from 365 seem to work OK so i presumably do not need to reload 365 again

1 Reply

Hi @Brian_Stronell,

your issue can be caused by various factors. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and try to resolve the issue (I don't know if you have done them allready):

1. Check for Outlook Updates:
- To check for updates, open Outlook, go to "File" > "Office Account" > "Update Options" > "Update Now." (if you are able to do this, depending where exactly Outlook is stuck)

2. Run Outlook in Safe Mode:
Running Outlook in Safe Mode can help identify if add-ins are causing the issue. To do this:
- Press `Win + R` to open the Run dialog.
- Type `outlook.exe /safe` and press Enter. If Outlook opens in Safe Mode without any issues, then an add-in might be causing the problem and you should remove it.

3. Repair Outlook:
Sometimes, repairing Outlook can fix problems:
- Go to "Control Panel" > "Programs" > "Programs and Features."
- Find "Microsoft 365 " in the list, right-click it, and select "Change."
- Choose "Online Repair" and follow the prompts.

4. Reinstall Office:
As a last resort, you can try reinstalling Microsoft 365. Uninstall it from "Control Panel" > "Programs" > "Programs and Features," then reinstall it from your Microsoft 365 account (www.office.com).

5. Create a New Outlook Profile:
Your Outlook profile may be corrupted. You can create a new profile:
- Go to "Control Panel" > "Mail" > "Profiles."
- Click "Add" to create a new profile, and then configure your email account.
- Set the new profile as the default and try opening Outlook with it.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue.
This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item.

If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Kindest regards,

Leon Pavesic