Outlook for Android search issue

Copper Contributor

The toggle is not available on mine.The toggle is not available on mine.This is the results I getThis is the results I get

Hi Guys,

I have installed the Outlook app for Android and set up my Office 365 email account but my search functionality doesn't seem to work correctly.

When I'm searching, only contacts are appearing and the toggle from the first picture isn't available from my app.

I tried to search using the subject from one my mails and it's not appearing as well.

Any ideas? Thank you!

28 Replies

This is the drop down where you select what email account to search.  Not sure why Outlook keeps changing to the one email account that I rarely use.  Thanks again Suzanne for pointing this out!

Screenshot_20230702_160652_Outlook.jpg

@Jwwk281705 

This is the page I have with no house icon or downwards arrows. 

Screenshot_20230704_140649_com.microsoft.office.outlook.jpg

@MSUser99 

@PJWalls Solved! THIS IS AN APP BUG.

I had this problem for 2 years, Android Outlook Search never found anything (though it used to work, and reinstall did not help).  Search worked fine on my wife's Galaxy S22, but not mine, so I compared them.  Same app version, but hers had the Home icon in the upper right of the screen after tapping the Search icon (as discussed above in this thread) MINE DID NOT. 

We both use an IMAP mail server as our primary mail account, but I noted she had also added her Yahoo mail account into her Outlook. It seems the Home icon is only there if you have multiple accounts.  I added my Yahoo mail account, then saw the Home icon, accessed the drop down, chose ALL, and now search works fine, including searching in my IMAP mail.

Yes, I wrote about this earlier, that must be installed min. two account. But I don't want to install some unreal account. I use only one account many years and many years worked search function well. Stoped to work - I don't know when. I try to use other free e-mail client. Seems works well, so I plan to switch. This function is necessary, I don't want to solve it for years. MS ignore it. So I switch.
Thanks so much @Paultheportoscom: I added a second email account to Outlook for Android. Then I saw the Home icon after tapping the Search icon. And selecting ‘all accounts’ makes the Search function work -at last!

Hey guys,

Searching all mailboxes work, but gives only old results, threads from 5 years ago. Microsoft should improve the search functionality as for desktop version. 

doesn't work for me

@Jwwk281705 

It hasn't worked for me either. I have 5 accounts, of which 2 are IMAP & the search just doesn't work for the IMAP accounts. 

I have the house icon, which does indeed claim to search in all accounts. There are lots of results, but searching for something specific which I know exists, but only in an IMAP account, gives "no results". 

Searching in IMAP seems just fundamentally broken in Outlook for Android.

It works for me.
Thanks very much.