Having Trouble Saving PDFs, Webpages, and Excel Files Correctly

Copper Contributor

For the past week, I've been encountering an issue where all my PDF documents and downloaded files, whether from Outlook or Google Chrome, are being saved as .24 files with Internet Explorer as the default program. Previously, I had set all PDFs to open in Edge, and they still do when opened directly from my files. However, nothing seems to save properly anymore unless I manually add .pdf or .xls to the end of the file name as I save.

I managed to revert the default settings for .mht and .mhtml files back to Edge, but for .24 files, my only options are Internet Explorer and Notepad. Even after selecting Internet Explorer as the default program, files still fail to save correctly without the added file extension.

This issue became particularly problematic when I almost lost a large Excel file yesterday. It saved as a .24 file in Internet Explorer, leaving me with no way to open it. I ended up having to rebuild the entire spreadsheet from scratch. It's not a major catastrophe, but it's definitely an annoying inconvenience.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions on how to resolve this issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

0 Replies